Sunday 5 June 2011

Leg of Mutton Nature Reserve, Barnes

The sun was shining, so I went for a walk to the Leg of Mutton nature reserve in Barnes to see what was about. I'd previously found where the Tawny Owl nest was, so I really wanted to see if I could see anything there.

As soon as I arrived, I heard the call of a Wren in a tree next to the path. After a bit of hunting, I managed to grab a picture.


I went to the Woodpecker nest I found the previous week but it looked pretty quiet and my thinking was that all the chicks had fledged. I certainly heard them in the trees but couldn't see them (these photos are from the previous week).



The only other bird I saw was a Robin, sitting in a tree.


The Tawny Owls were not to be seen. Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...