Thursday 29 December 2011

Barnes Common and the River Thames

It's been a while since my last post, so this is a bit of a catch up...

A couple of weekends ago, I took a late afternoon walk around Barnes Common. The light was not great and there wasn't a great deal to see but I did spy a Grey Squirrel foraging in the undergrowth. There was obviously a bit of a territory argument between it and a neighbour as it was barking as I approached.



I also spotted a large group of Ring-necked Parakeets feeding on the seeds of the trees. They fed for about 15 minutes and then flew off in one large group, making their characteristic squawking racket as they went.



I walked back via Barnes pond, where a lot of Canada Geese and a few Pink-footed Geese seem to have made their winter home. The light was really starting to fade by this time, hence the noise in the photo.



I finished my walk along the River Thames, taking in Barnes Bridge at sunset and finally along to the brewery.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...